8 Fresh Date Night Ideas
Doing things together reconnects us to the people we love. It’s important to make time for each other and spend time with each other doing different things. A dinner and a movie is great, but switch it up every now and then.
- Take Dance Lessons: One fun way to stay connected to your partner (and have an excuse to be close to them) is to take dance lessons. Dancing is something that you both will benefit from learning in life and will continue to enjoy. Learn everything from swing, ballroom, latin, and anything else in between. It’s no big deal if you’re not super good at dancing. It’s about having some laughs together and doing something new and fun.
- Go to the Zoo: Usually we think of the zoo as something for kids, but it can also be a really fun time for adults, too. Take a casual stroll through the park and see all of your favorite animals. Spend a little extra to feed the giraffes or hold the parrots. It’s exciting and simple all at the same time.
- Stargazing at an Observatory: Take a look at the wonder and expanse of the night sky with your loved one next to you. It’s romantic and fascinating. You can go to an observatory or a planetarium to enjoy the sky with some educational guidance, or you can always find a spot away from the city and watch a meteor shower.
- Karaoke Night: Put your pipes to the test and sing a love song to your sweetheart at a karaoke night. It’s a lot of fun to become the star of the night and dance along with the other songs being sung. You’ll have a blast bouncing song ideas back and forth with one another.
- Pub Quiz Night: Become a dynamic duo and take over the pub trivia night. Have a few beers and put your brains together to try and win prizes. Even if you don’t answer a single question right, it’ll be a fun new way to spend time together. Laugh at the ridiculous answers you come up with. You might learn something new about your partner from all of their knowledge on random topics.
- Reenact the First Date: As best as you can, try to reenact the first date. Try to wear similar clothes, go to similar spots, and try to rekindle that excitement you felt with that first kiss.
- Window Shop Walking Downtown: You don’t have to spend money to have a great date. Take a walk through a local downtown area or city street and window shop. Discover the things that your partner likes and dislikes, and share in the things your have in common.
- Go Cruising Around in a Car: Pretend you are young kids again and go riding around in your car with nowhere to go. Sing your favorite songs as loud as possible crusing the streets holding your SO’s hand. Try a duet together and roll the windows down so everyone can hear.
The best parts about date night are the laughs and memories that you’ll make. You’ll learn new things about yourself and your partner on the new adventures that you’ll take. It’ll push you out of your comfort zone and help you both grow closer together.