December 30th is Bacon Day!
What’s your favorite day of the year? Is it your birthday? Thanksgiving? Your anniversary? Or, perhaps, it’s coming up on December 30th! Because December 30th is Bacon Day!
Okay, maybe Bacon Day isn’t your favorite day of the year, but it does give you a good excuse to “celebrate” this delicious pork product!
What is Bacon, and Where Does It Come From?
Bacon is a salt-cured pork product. It’s most often made from pork belly or back cuts from the pig. And the various flavors of bacon come from the way it is processed and cured. You can find that bacon has a salty, sweet, fatty, or smoky flavor to it.
Delicious Bacon Recipes
While frying up a few slices of bacon for breakfast is never a bad idea, there are many delicious recipes out there that allow for bacon to be eaten at any time of day. Here are a few that will take you from breakfast to dessert!
- Bacon Egg Cups: Do you want a tasty bacon and egg dish that can be reheated on busy mornings? Then make these Bacon Egg Cups. You make these in a muffin pan with a few simple ingredients – so even if you don’t consider yourself to be a good cook – you can make these.
- Bacon Pancakes: Sure, you can have bacon AND pancakes, or you could just combine the two and have Bacon Pancakes. This recipe is a great combination of sweet and salty – so make a few extras to store in the freezer!
- Maple Brown Sugar Bacon-Glazed Roast Salmon: Are you a fan of salmon? Then give this recipe a try! It’s sweet and salty and is an excellent change from plain baked salmon. Make a salad and pick up a loaf of bread, and you have a complete meal.
- Cracked Out Quiche: A quiche is a fantastic meal as it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This one is made from chicken, bacon, cheese, eggs, milk, heavy cream, and ranch dressing. And while you could make a homemade pie crust, feel free to use a store-bought crust to save time.
- Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges: Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges are the perfect make-at-home bar food! No need to wait for a football game to enjoy these!
- Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies: This is another fabulous appetizer! It’s sweet, salty, and smoky – and super simple to prepare. You may need to make two batches in order to have enough – because everyone is going to love them!
- Creamy Bacon Cheese Dip: Chips and dip are a tasty snack – and this dip is just delicious! The spices, bacon, and cheese all work well together, and it’s nice and creamy with the use of cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Oven-Roasted Cabbage Steaks with Bacon, Garlic, and Lemon: This is a quick and easy side that can go with just about any protein you may be serving. The ingredients are simple, but when they come together, they create a great side dish.
- Bourbon Bacon Brittle: Bacon in a dessert may sound a little strange, but give it a go. This Bourbon Bacon Brittle will make you a believer!
- Maple Bacon Cupcakes: Cupcakes are a fun little dessert – and these Maple Bacon Cupcakes are fabulous! In fact, they’re so good you might grab one for breakfast!
This year, don’t let Bacon Day pass you by without celebrating! Start at breakfast and celebrate all day long with any of these tasty recipes. After all, you can never go wrong with bacon!