10 Tips to Nourish Your Skin
There are lots of great quotes about the importance of taking care of your skin.
- “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” – Coco Chanel
- “Invest in your skin. It is going to represent you for a very long time.” – Linden Tyler
- “Be good to your skin. You’ll wear it every day for the rest of your life.” – Renée Rouleau
And, while you may have heard these quotes, what are you doing to take care of your skin? Do you only think about your skincare routine when you have a breakout? Or when your skin is really dry?
If that’s the case, it’s time for a change.
Your skin requires your attention ALL the time – after all, it is your body’s largest organ – and here are a few tips to help you keep it looking its best.
- Drink Water: You know that drinking water is good for your health, but it’s vital for keeping your skin healthy and happy. Water can help to:
- Hydrate your skin
- Improve its tone
- Reduce signs of premature aging
- Decrease puffiness
- Eat A Healthy Diet; Eating a healthy diet can also help your skin. It can decrease breakouts and ensure that you are receiving the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients you need. WebMD shares “The ABCs of a Healthy Skin Diet.”
- Seek Out Natural Beauty Products: Choose natural skin products to keep your skin healthy. Allure shared the “19 Best Natural and Organic Makeup Brands That Makeup Artists Actually Use.” There are some great choices on this list if you’re looking to make a change or add a few new things to your makeup bag.
- Exercise: Exercise is good for your body – and your skin! When you exercise, you increase the blood flow throughout your body – which helps all of the cells, including skin cells.
- Do Not Smoke; Have you ever looked at the skin of a smoker? What do you notice? More wrinkles? Poor skin tone? Smoking definitely speeds up your body’s aging process. If you are a smoker, quitting will not only help your overall health, but you may notice changes to your skin, too.
- Avoid Alcohol: Much like smoking, alcohol speeds up the aging process – and your skin pays the price. You may notice that puffiness, wrinkles, dark circles, and rosy cheeks appear after consuming alcohol. Limit your alcohol consumption to keep your skin happy.
- Wear Sunscreen: Sunscreen is not only for those sunny days or the summer. You should be wearing sunscreen 365 days of the year. Look for a moisturizer that contains sunscreen so you can help hydrate and protect your skin all at once.
- Get a Good Night’s Rest: When you’re tired, what do you notice about your skin? Dark circles under your eyes? Maybe your skin doesn’t have the same coloring as when you are well-rested? Sleep is important to your skin health. Create a bedtime routine to help you get a good night’s rest.
- Get Professional Treatments: Not only can a trip to the spa be relaxing, but it can be good for your skin. An esthetician can provide you with professional skin treatments to help you nourish your skin and reduce previous damage.
- Seek Advice From A Dermatologist: If you’re still not seeing the results you want with your skin, seek the advice of a dermatologist. They’re the skin experts and can offer you advice.
Take the time now to develop a skincare routine that will keep your skin healthy – and use these tips to help!