What To Wear On a First/Blind Date
Dating can be exciting and daunting. One of the biggest struggles is to know what to wear on your first date. You want to find something that is comfortable, attractive, and speaks true to who you are. Be stress free by being a little more carefree. You want to keep things casual, while feeling confident.
- Keep makeup simple: If you normally wear makeup, then stick to your daily routine. Don’t go overboard with the eyes and color. Keep true to yourself and let your features shine by enhancing them, instead of covering them. A natural look usually goes further than an overdone face.It always brings an added element of class with a bright red lip, or a smokey eye. Choose one feature to highlight, and let the others be softer. Show off your best feature by choosing a bold color.
- Nothing overly trendy: Yes, you want to look your best, but if there is a risky trend that you want to try, save it for another day. Sometimes, your clothes can speak louder than your words. How you present yourself sends a strong message. Be you, but make sure that it’s not overly distracting. You don’t want the attention to be on your clothes. You want the attention to be on who you are as a person so your date can get to know you!
- Not too much skin: You want to feel confident and attractive, but just like with the trendy clothes, you don’t want the attention to be elsewhere. To get to know someone, you want to have their full attention. Keeping it a little conservative yet flattering is the way to go.
- Be comfortable and confident: It’s incredibly distracting if you’re focused on your clothes. Wear something that you won’t be fidgeting with all night. Don’t wear anything that you can’t comfortably eat in, sit in, and walk in. Nothing is more unattractive than an uncomfortable date who is distracted. The adage of “pain is beauty” isn’t always true. Wear something that fits well. You don’t want anything that is too loose, or anything that is too tight. Ill fitting clothes can make you look older than you are. Let it hug you in all the right places, and fall away where it needs to.
- Dress for the occasion: Dress according to what you’ll be doing. If your first date is out to a restaurant, then research the feel of the restaurant to know what kind of clothes to wear. When in doubt, go with a business casual look. It’s something in the middle that you can quickly dress down or up depending on the atmosphere.
At the end of the day, the most important thing that you need to wear is your smile! Bring your best attitude, and don’t be in a rush. One of the best ways to get to know someone is to listen. It’s hard to pay attention to someone when you’re worried about what you’re wearing. Stay true to yourself!