Your Toddlers Will Love These Books
Does your toddler love storytime? Do you love reading with your child? Are you on the hunt for a few new books that your toddler will love? Then here’s a few that might make their way to your bookshelf!
- Grumpy Bird by Jeremy Tankard
- This hilarious story about shaking off the grumpies with a little help from your friends by the talented Jeremy Tankard is now a board book!
- Bird wakes up feeling grumpy. Too grumpy to eat or play. Too grumpy even to fly. “Looks like I’m walking today,” says Bird. He walks past Sheep, who offers to keep him company. He walks past Rabbit, who also could use a walk. Raccoon, Beaver, and Fox join in, too. All the while, Bird grows grumpier and grumpier! But before he knows it, a little exercise and companionship help Bird overcome his bad mood. This winsome, refreshingly original story is sure to help kids (and grown-ups) giggle away theirs, too!
- The Tickle Book by Ian Whybrow
- Look out—there’s a Ticklemonster about! And he’s off to tickle all his animal friends, from the pigs on the farm to penguins at the zoo. Join Tom and Bear as they follow him on his adventures, but watch out—you might get tickled, too! This fun board book features a laugh-out-loud text that is full of witty rhymes and silly scenarios, and illustrations by the illustrator of The Gruffalo. Bursting with funny details, this is a bedtime book with a difference—and there’s a flap to lift on every page, so children can join in the fun!
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be by Emily Winfield Martin
- From brave and bold to creative and clever, Emily Winfield Martin’s rhythmic rhyme expresses all the loving things that parents think of when they look at their children. With beautiful, lush illustrations and a stunning gatefold that opens at the end, this is a book that families will love reading over and over.
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be has a loving and truthful message that will endure for lifetimes and makes a great gift to the ones you love for any occasion.
- The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boyton
- The sun has set not long ago.
- Now everybody goes below
- to take a bath in one big tub
- with soap all over—SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB!
- This classic bedtime story is just right for winding down the day as a joyful, silly group of animals scrub scrub scrub in the tub, brush and brush and brush their teeth, and finally rock and rock and rock to sleep.
- Potty by Leslie Patricelli
- A new toddler title charts a crucial achievement. There comes a point in a toddler’s life when going in one’s diaper is only one possible option, and the question must be raised: “Should I go in my potty?”
- With pitch-perfect humor and pacing, Leslie Patricelli follows the inner dialogue (sure to have little ones shouting responses) and hilarious actions of everyone’s favorite Baby, winding up with an over-the-top look of surprise and delight that will have both parents and offspring laughing out loud–“I did it!”
- The Good Egg by Jory John
- Meet the good egg. He’s a verrrrrry good egg indeed.
- But trying to be so good is hard when everyone else is plain ol’ rotten.
- As the other eggs in the dozen behave badly, the good egg starts to crack from all the pressure of feeling like he has to be perfect.
- So, he decides enough is enough! It’s time for him to make a change…
- Dynamic duo Jory John and Pete Oswald hatch a funny and charming story that reminds us of the importance of balance, self-care, and accepting those we love (even if they are sometimes a bit rotten).
- Perfect for reading aloud and shared story time!
Reading to your toddler is a great activity for both of you – and these books are sure to bring lots of smiles. Pick up one of these books and get ready to read it – and read it again – because your child is going to love these stories!
**All book descriptions are from Amazon