Tips for Cleaning Your Bathroom
Cleaning your bathroom is a chore that nobody wants to do, but it needs to be done! Luckily for you, it’s a small room, and you can get this chore done rather quickly. Using these tips will ensure that your bathroom stays fresh and clean-smelling – for you and your family!
- Clean Your Toilet: The toilet is one of the dirtiest things in your house – which means it deserves your full attention. You should always wipe down the toilet seat and then use a small amount of bleach or other cleaning product under the rim and inside the bowl. Cleaning toilets might seem like an unpleasant task, but it really doesn’t take that long.
- Clean Your Shower: Everyone loves to stand in a nice warm shower after a long day of work, but nobody likes the thought of cleaning it. The best way to clean your shower is by using baking soda and vinegar. Just mix half a cup each with water into a spray bottle. Spray onto the shower surface and scrub away any dirt. You can also pick up a cleaner specifically for showers if vinegar and water aren’t your thing.
- Mold and Mildew Removal: Have mold growing on your walls? Do you notice a musty smell coming from your bathroom? It happens! Because your bathroom is so damp from running a shower or tub, the moisture can create mold and mildew. To get rid of them, try mixing equal parts hydrogen peroxide, dish soap, and borax together until smooth, then rub or brush on the affected area – letting it sit for about an hour before rinsing off completely with cold water.
- Drain Cleaning: Are your drains clogged? Don’t reach for a chemical drain cleaner- instead, try using a natural enzyme product. When combined with hot water, the enzymes eat away at organic material to help break down buildup in pipes, tubs, and showers.
- Freshen Up Your Sink: Keeping your bathroom sink looking pretty is easy! Just add one part hydrogen peroxide into another part dish soap, then spray this mixture onto a sponge or paper towel and scrub your faucet until clean. This mixture will help remove hard water stains and other buildup.
- Cleaning Mirrors: Don’t forget mirrors – they need to be cleaned too! A great way to clean your bathroom mirror is by using a mixture of lemon juice and water. Mix equal parts together in a spray bottle, then squirt onto the surface before wiping away with a paper towel or dry microfiber cloth for streak-free shine!
- Organize Your Medicine Cabinet: Yes, this is part of cleaning your bathroom. Look for expired medicines that need to be thrown away. (You can check with your town as to how they would like you to dispose of medications.) Then organize any of the products you use on a daily basis – like makeup, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. Additionally, if you keep your towels in the bathroom, straighten them out, so they are neat and tidy.
- Mop Your Floor: The final thing you want to do is mop your floor. This will allow you to mop up anything that may have fallen on it while you were cleaning.
Tip: Remember that you should always wear gloves when cleaning bathrooms since some chemicals can irritate skin, eyes, and your respiratory system if inhaled/ingested.
Cleaning your bathroom does not have to take long! When you are efficient and organized, you can be done in just a few minutes. These tips should definitely help make the chore of cleaning your bathroom a little less painful.