Tasks You Should Consider Outsourcing
When it comes to freeing up some extra time in your schedule, how do you do it? Do you cut short certain chores or not do them at all? While this is one way to go about it, after a while, you’ll find that they become unavoidable and have to get done anyway.
But if you have some extra money available in your budget, you might consider outsourcing some tasks. Yes, there’s probably someone willing to take on the chores and jobs you just don’t like to do. So, what should you consider outsourcing? Maybe some of these tasks.
- Grocery Shopping: There are two types of people in this world – those who like to go grocery shopping and those who do not. If you are part of the group that doesn’t want to hit the grocery store on the weekend or after work, you can definitely find someone to do your grocery shopping for you. Walmart offers free grocery shopping (if you spend a certain dollar amount), and their app is very easy to use. All you do is go to the store to pick up your order. (They bring your order out to your car!) Additionally, there are subscription services like Shipt and InstaCart that will pick up your groceries and deliver them directly to your home.
- Meal Cooking: If the last thing you want to do is spend time planning a meal and then cooking it, there are several routes you can take. If the planning of meals is the task you dislike, you can subscribe to any of the meal kit services such as HelloFresh, Sun Basket, Home Chef, or Martha & Marley Spoon. These services send you everything you need to prepare a fresh meal quickly.
- If you don’t like cooking at all, then you might look for a local service that prepares meals for you to reheat. Additionally, there are online services that will send your complete meals, such as Clean Eatz, Daily Harvest, or Magic Kitchen.
- House Cleaning: There are very few people who like to clean – very few. This makes hiring a house cleaner a great way to save you the time and trouble of doing it. Think about what you’d like a house cleaner to do for you and how often you’d want those tasks done. Then decide if you’d like to hire a private person or a house cleaning company. And, be sure to ask friends and family members for recommendations to find the best person or company for you.
- Preparing Your Taxes: Sure, there are lots of online programs that can prepare your taxes for you, but if you don’t like the task, tend to procrastinate, or have a complicated tax return, you might be better off hiring someone to do it for you. A professional can help you get this dreaded task done and maybe even save you a few additional dollars in the process.
- Clothes Shopping: If you want to look stylish, but hate clothes shopping, then hiring a personal stylist may be for you. It sounds extravagant, but a good stylist will work with the clothes you have and help pick out wardrobe staples that can be mixed and matched to create numerous outfit combinations.
- Home Organization: When you first moved into your place, it was probably quite organized. But, you may find that things are starting to slip and that your place is becoming a little cluttered and messy. Hiring a home organizer can help you get your apartment back in tip-top shape!
If you want to free up some time in your busy schedule, consider outsourcing these tasks. You’ll love that you don’t have to do them and have some additional time to enjoy the things you love!