September 29th Is National Coffee Day! And Here Are Some Fantastic Coffee Recipes!
What’s your morning routine like? Shower? Get dressed for work? Make yourself some coffee?
If you can’t imagine starting your morning without a cup of coffee, then you can appreciate September 29th – because it’s National Coffee Day. In fact, it may be your new favorite celebration!
So in honor of National Coffee Day – let’s learn a little bit about this beverage and share a few recipes!
All About Coffee
What do you actually know about that magical beverage you drink every day? Here are a few interesting facts?
- Coffee is the second most traded commodity (after crude oil) in the world.
- Can you name the only U.S. state to produce coffee? If you said, “Hawaii,” – you are correct! Coffee needs fertile soil, a high altitude, and a tropical climate to grow best.
- Coffee was discovered by a goat herder in Ethiopia in the 1500s. He saw his goats eating the coffee berries and how much energy they gained from doing so.
- Coffee grows on a bush and is considered a fruit as the bean comes from the pit of a berry.
- Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world. It comes from Indonesia and is made from beans that the Asian Palm Civet has eaten. (Yes, it essentially comes from cat poop!)
- Brazil is the largest exporter of coffee, while Europe is the largest importer.
Now that you know a few fun facts about this magical drink, how about a few recipes? Sure, you can drink it black, but it’s always good to have a few great recipes and new ways to drink your favorite morning cup of joe.
- Perfect Iced Coffee: While summer may be officially over, it doesn’t mean you need to give up your iced coffee just yet. And it also means you don’t have to buy it from the local coffee shop – when you can make it at home. This recipe is quick and simple – and easy on your wallet.
- Whipped Coffee: Whipped Coffee is all the rage right now – and if you haven’t tried it – you should! This recipe from Tasty teaches you the secret to a good whipped coffee (it’s instant coffee!) and shows you how incredibly easy it is to make!
- Milk and Honey Iced Coffee: Want a coffee drink that’s cold and sweet and creamy? Then take a look at this Milk and Honey Iced Coffee recipe. It’s all of those things and more! And honey is a great alternative to sugar – but one that doesn’t seem to get used often in coffee recipes.
- Caramel Macchiato Float: If you love a good caramel macchiato but want to take it to the next level – here’s the perfect recipe for you! A Caramel Macchiato FLOAT! Yes, you’re going to add a big, ol’ scoop of ice cream! How decadent does that sound?
- Easy Homemade Mocha: Mochas are popular at your local coffee shops – because they’re delicious! And if you follow this recipe, you can make them at home with a few simple ingredients – and keep a few extra dollars in your pocket.
- Snickerdoodle Latte: Every year that big national coffee chain comes up with a few seasonal favorites, and at one point, they created a Snickerdoodle Latte. This recipe recreates that drink with the taste of cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte: This is another copycat recipe, but you might not be able to tell the difference once you make it at home. Be sure to look for cinnamon dolce syrup in your grocery store or order online – as it is a necessity for this recipe.
So what will you be drinking on National Coffee Day? One of these delicious recipes or do you have another favorite coffee drink? No matter what coffee you choose – ENJOY!