Muffin Recipes in Honor of National Muffin Day
What’s your go-to breakfast when you need something quick? Smoothie? Container of yogurt? Cup of coffee?
Yes, the mornings can be hectic, but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for a ho-hum breakfast? You just have to prepare it in advance and be able to grab it as you head out the door! And the ideal breakfast for doing just that is…the MUFFIN!
Sure, people may joke that a muffin is just a cupcake that didn’t try hard enough, but muffins are delicious! And there are so many varieties out there – that you won’t find yourself getting bored eating the same thing week after week. In honor of National Muffin Day – which is February 20th – why not try making one of these recipes?
- Banana Nut Muffins: Bananas and walnuts make for a delicious muffin! (And these muffins are a great way to use up those overripe bananas.) You’ll love the simple crumb topping – and if walnuts are not your thing – try macadamia nuts or pecans!
- Pumpkin Crumb Cake Muffins: Fall may be over, but if you love pumpkin – do you really want to limit it to three months of the year? These Pumpkin Crumb Cake Muffins will hit the spot!
- Best Blueberry Muffins: Everyone should have a great blueberry muffin recipe – and if you don’t yet, here’s one to make. The addition of almond extract and the sugary crust makes these extra special.
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins: Apple and cinnamon is a classic flavor profile, so it’s no surprise that they’ve come together in a muffin recipe. These are another fall favorite – that should not be made only in the fall.
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins: Do you want a chocolate chip muffin that tastes like it came from a bakery? This recipe is the answer! You can use regular-sized chocolate chips or the mini ones – and you can also mix it up between milk chocolate and semisweet.
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins: If you’ve never had a peanut butter and banana sandwich – you are missing out! But this muffin is a great breakfast version of that sandwich – with one little addition – chocolate chips! If you don’t like chocolate chips – you can always leave them out – but give the recipe a go!
- Easy Homemade Corn Muffins: The great thing about corn muffins? They can be for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They’re fantastic grilled with a little butter in the morning, or they make an excellent accompaniment to soups and stews.
- Cranberry Orange Muffins: These muffins have all of that great orange flavor and lots of delicious cranberries! And the sweet orange glaze is a nice added touch.
- Glazed Lemon Muffins: Loaded with lots of tart lemon flavor and a beautiful streusel topping – you are just going to love these muffins!
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins: How about taking all of your favorite oatmeal flavors and combining them to create a portable muffin? This recipe does that, and you’re going to love how they taste!
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins: Yes, donuts are delicious! There’s no denying that! But these muffins have all of that great donut flavor – and they’re not fried!
- Sausage Pancake Muffins: Want a muffin that brings together two of your breakfast favorites – pancakes and sausage? This recipe fits the bill! Super delicious and convenient!
- Carrot Muffins: These muffins taste like carrot cake – but without the cream cheese icing! So, that means less guilt, right?
- Coffee Cake Muffins: Coffee cake is another delicious morning treat, and this recipe puts it into a grab-and-go form!
Muffins are a handy and convenient breakfast food for busy mornings. Try any of these recipes, and you will not be disappointed!