Meal Delivery Kits to Check Out
Are your days jam-packed? Yet, when you get home, do you want a delicious meal – that’s not takeout? Sure, you could spend some time planning dinner menus, go grocery shopping, and then cook it and eat, but there is a simpler way of fixing a tasty dinner. You could enroll in a meal delivery subscription.
The Benefits of Meal Delivery: If you’ve been considering a meal delivery subscription, there are some really good benefits:
- The meals are portioned. If portions are a struggle for you, meal kits are perfectly portioned – which means you can avoid overeating.
- You have less food waste. The meal kits come with everything you need to prepare dinner – which means there are no extras and no food going unused.
- There are lots of healthy choices available to you. If you want to prepare healthy meals, there are many subscription services that specialize in meals to match all sorts of diets.
- You can save time and money. You may look at the price initially and experience a little sticker shock. But if you don’t have wasted food, these meal kits may end up saving you money. Additionally, you’ll save lots of time on meal planning, grocery shopping, and even on meal preparation.
The Various Meal Delivery Companies: No matter what kind of meals you like, there’s probably a meal kit for you. Here’s a look at some of the more popular ones out there.
- Home Chef: Home Chef has you pick the meals you want based on your personal tastes and dietary restrictions. You can then do some customizations to your choices – such as doubling up on proteins for certain dishes. And then it gets shipped to your home for you to cook.
- Blue Apron: Blue Apron is a popular name in the meal kit industry. They pride themselves on the fact that their recipes are created by chefs and have meals that fit a wide variety of lifestyles, including the Mediterranean Diet and those who just appreciate a good one-pan meal.
- EveryPlate: Each week EveryPlate releases 11 recipes that you can choose from at around an average cost of $4.99/meal – making it one of the more affordable meal kit services. In order to keep their prices lower, EveryPlate does not cater to special diets such as Keto or vegan, but they do offer some great choices.
- Gobble: Gobble offers two different meal plans for you to choose from – the “Classic Dinner Plan” and the “Lean & Clean Dinner Plan.” The “Classic Dinner Plan” revolves around meals that don’t have any dietary restrictions, while the “Lean & Clean Dinner Plan” has recipes that are 600 calories or less, low carb, and feature lean proteins and no filler grains.
- Sun Basket: Sun Basket has a lot to offer for those looking for a meal kit service. You can choose from meals that are “oven-ready,” “pre-prepped,” or “classic cooking.” Their recipes are also created by chefs and approved by dieticians, with the added bonus of being ranked the #1 meal kit service by Epicurious. Additionally, you’ll find that they use organic produce if that’s important to you.
- HelloFresh: HelloFresh has been a popular meal kit service for a while, and they offer some great choices ranging from meat and veggies to family-friendly. They post their menus for six weeks so you can do a lot of planning, and you can see their recipes on their website – if you want to recreate them on your own.
- Dinnerly: Dinnerly is another affordable meal service – averaging about $4.49/meal. Their recipes are easy to prepare and very family-friendly, and you have 16 different choices each week.
- Freshly: Freshly send you meals that are actually all prepared – so all you need to do is heat them up – making them perfect for the person who does not like to cook. Each week you can choose from over 30 different meals, which means there are lots of choices – even for picky eaters.
- Green Chef: If you follow Keto, Paleo, a plant-powered diet, or you’re just looking for healthy meals – Green Chef is a good option. You’ll love having meals sent to you that are prepped and ready to cook based on your lifestyle.
Have you been thinking about a meal kit service to help you save time when it comes to preparing dinner each night? Then maybe one of these will work for you! Healthy and delicious meals are just a few clicks away.