Interior Decorating Blogs You Should Follow
“Design is coming to grips with one’s real lifestyle, one’s real place in the world. Rooms should not be put together for show but to nourish one’s well-being.” —Albert Hadley
What do you think about this quote from Albert Hadley? Do you agree that your home should be decorated to reflect your real life? It probably should be. After all, you can have both style and comfort that fit the real you. But sometimes coming up with ideas that fit both of those things can be difficult.
Often you have to search high and low to find inspiration that you can incorporate into your place. Pinterest and Instagram are great places to look for decor ideas, of course. But if you want ideas and the story behind the ideas, blogs are the way to go. There are some amazing interior design blogs that can provide you with plenty of ideas for your own home.
- Coco Kelley: Cassandra LaValle is the founder and creative director at coco+kelley, a lifestyle company. So, while the coco+kelley blog covers many topics such as travel and entertaining, there is an excellent portion dedicated to interior design. You’re bound to find ideas that you’ll love for your own space.
- CocoCozy: Coco is an executive by day and an interior design blogger at night – so she’s just like everyone who is exploring her passions through a side hustle. If you click on “Interiors,” you can easily check out bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and outdoor spaces that she loves. Definitely some great inspiration!
- The Inspired Room: With a name like “The Inspired Room,” you are sure to find just that – inspired rooms. Melissa Michaels is the creator of this website, and she has won several awards and written some New York Times bestsellers on the subject of the home. You’ll love the sneak peeks into her own home and the ideas that she has for yours.
- Rip & Tan: Rip & Tan is the inspirational blog of the lifestyle brand of Jenni Kayne. While you will find that the blog covers a wide variety of topics from capsule wardrobes to food and beverage, if you are a lover of that cool, relaxed California vibe, you will love the design posts.
- Murphy Deesign: Dee is the designer behind the Murphy Deesign blog, and her motto states, “Every adventure inspires me.” Her designs are bright and clean and often incorporate natural elements. Be sure to check out her blog and her portfolio.
- Seasons in Colour: Seasons in Colour is based in London and run by Jenny Kakoudakis. You will love reading her blog, and it is sure to provide you with endless design inspiration. Head to this website when you have some free time – because you’ll definitely want to spend some extra time here.
- Simply Grove: Kirsten Grove is an interior stylist and author, and she does fantastic designs. You’ll love seeing her room makeovers and inspiration boards. In fact, you may find it hard not to start redecorating your own place as soon as possible after a visit to this blog.
- EyeSwoon: Athena Calderone is the designer behind EyeSwoon. While Athena is another lifestyle blogger, her interior design game is strong. Be sure to check out “5 Swoon Worthy Things” and “Room Swoon.” So many fantastic ideas!
If the new year has you thinking about redecorating your place or a certain room in your apartment, take some time to check out these blogs. Hopefully, you’ll find some inspiration that fits your personal style and makes your home a place you enjoy returning to each day.