Ice Cream Desserts to Cool You Off
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and that is pretty much the same thing.” — Unknown
If you love ice cream, then you probably agree with that statement! And you probably love the warm weather as it gives you the perfect excuse to indulge in one of your favorite desserts.
Of course, you can head to your local ice cream stand to get a big, ol’ ice cream cone – or you can try making one of these ice cream desserts at home!
- Ice Cream Cookie Dessert: Oreos and milk are good, but let’s add some ice cream to this combo! This chocolatey, layered dessert is really easy to make (you can even ask the kids to help), and everyone will love it. It makes a 13”x9” pan – so it’s great for a family get-together.
- Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches: Do you like those ice cream sandwiches you can buy at your local grocery store? Then you need to make these! You’ll sandwich ice cream between layers of brownies – and how could that not be good? While this recipe suggests making homemade brownies, you can always use a box mix. And you can mix up this recipe by using different flavors of ice cream.
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie: A graham cracker crust, hot fudge, and strawberry ice cream make this pie perfect for dessert! It’s like an ice-cold chocolate-covered strawberry – but maybe better! It takes at least 3 hours to set – so make sure you plan accordingly.
- Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake: Who doesn’t like milkshakes? This Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake is rich and creamy – and you can feel just a little bit better about it because it has fruit in it, right?
- Copycat Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake: Dairy Queen Ice Cream cakes might be the ultimate dessert if you’re celebrating something like a birthday or the 4th of July – and this copycat recipe will have you making one at home. You’ll learn how to make all of the different layers – including those chocolate crunchies that everyone loves.
- Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ice Cream Bombe: An ice cream bombe is another fabulous dessert for special occasions. This one has layers of ice cream, salted caramel, chocolate, nuts, and cherries. You’ll want to let it freeze for 24 hours, but it will be worth the wait.
- Ice Cream Bonbons: Looking for a bite-sized ice cream dessert? Then try this recipe! You can choose any flavor of ice cream you like and then cover them in melted chocolate – milk, white, or dark – the choice is yours.
- Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Bars: Chocolate dipped ice cream bars are a classic summertime treat, but if you buy your own popsicle molds, you can make your own! Grab a container of your ice cream of choice and fill your popsicle molds. Then when they’re frozen, cover them in melted chocolate! Yum!
- Ultimate Hot Fudge Sundae: If your go-to treat is a hot fudge sundae, then Preppy Kitchen has a recipe to make you swoon. You’ll make your own hot fudge and caramel sauce to go on your sundae – and you’ll wonder why you’ve never made these two things before!
- Frozen Margarita Pie: While not exactly ice cream, if you like a margarita, you might want to try this Frozen Margarita Pie! It’s definitely got that margarita flavor, and it’s super refreshing when the weather is hot.
If everyone in the family is screaming for ice cream, then you need to try making one of these desserts! The screaming will stop because everyone will be happy when they eat one of these sweet treats!