Cold Outside? Plan a Movie Night!
Movie nights are a great way to get the whole family together and enjoy each other’s company. They can also be an inexpensive and fun date night for couples or a way to spend time with friends.
Of course, movie nights need snacks and drinks, but how do you plan the perfect home movie night? Here are some ideas that will help you have a great evening with friends and family.
- Pick your movie: When it comes to picking the movie, keep various types in mind, so there is something for everyone! Pick a classic film that you and your family members haven’t had a chance to see yet, or pick one from their favorite genre. Or consider doing a movie marathon – like Harry Potter, Star Wars, or Marvel movies.
- It’s also important to be mindful of how long each movie is going to take because if it takes too long, some people may get bored. You don’t want to lose them as an audience member if they aren’t able to sit still for a couple of hours.
- Plan your snacks and drinks carefully: Some movies are best watched with a large bucket of popcorn, while some need to be accompanied by an icy Coke or glass of wine! And yes, you need those movie-sized boxes of candy! Make sure everyone knows what they’re getting, so there aren’t any disappointed faces. And consider planning snacks that are themed to match whatever movie you choose.
- Make it cozy: Make sure you’re all comfortable and cozy before the movie starts. If your living room is a little chilly, turn on the heater or get everyone to wear their favorite pajamas so they can be as comfy as possible. It’s also nice if you have some extra pillows and blankets around for anyone who wants them. Make sure there are enough seats too. Sometimes people forget how many chairs they’ll need – especially if you’re inviting guests. And, turning down/off the lights is a must!
- Check your setup: Before you press play on your movie, make sure everything is set up properly. Make sure the TV is hooked to the correct laptop or DVD player and that everyone can see what they’re supposed to be watching. And keep that remote close at hand in case you need to adjust the volume or hit pause while watching.
- Consider a projector: If you’re looking for an even more unique movie-watching experience, consider getting a projector. It’s fun to watch a movie projected on your wall while everyone is laughing at their favorite scenes.
- Also, if your home theater system has surround sound speakers, it can be really nice because most projectors come with built-in stereo speakers that aren’t very powerful – so having some extra oomph during certain parts of the film might make it feel like you’re in the middle of all the action!
- Make sure there are no distractions: Turn off any possible distractions before starting – this includes phones and tablets. You want everyone focused on the film – so they’re not asking about plot points they may have missed while scrolling on their phones.
- Enjoy yourself: The most important part is enjoying the experience with those around you!
Movie nights at home are perfect for cold winter nights. You can gather up the family to watch a film or invite over a few friends. And with the seemingly endless selection of movies – there is sure to be something that everyone can agree upon! And, of course, don’t forget the snacks!