10 Ways to Decorate Your Walls
When was the last time you changed some of your home decors? Has it been a while? If it has, it might be time for a change!
One of the easiest things you can change is the way your walls look. Yes, your walls!
Your walls offer a practically endless number of ways to change up the way your home looks – and here are a few ideas to provide you with inspiration.
- Large Art: A large piece of art can really be an attention-getter when you walk into a room. Finding a piece that fits your vibe, has the colors you want, and is in a style you like might take a bit of searching – but it can be done! (And if all else fails, go pick up a big canvas from your local craft store and make your own!)
- Create a Gallery Wall: Do you have a lot of art and photos that you’d like to display? Then a gallery wall is the way to go. There are so many different directions you can go with a good gallery wall, but Emily Anderson has a no-fail method that will make it easy for you to do and make your display look like a million bucks.
- Accent Color Wall: An accent wall is still a great way to go – especially if there’s a color you’ve been wanting to add to your space. Behr Paints has shared their list of the top colors for 2021, and Pantone has also released their two favorite colors for this year. Of course, you should always just pick colors you like – no need to go with trends unless you love them.
- Shelving: Shelving is not only practical but can also be a big part of your interior design. Whether you go with wood shelves, metal shelves, floating shelves, or some combination – be sure to hang them at the right height so that they will catch your eye! And make sure they’re level! You don’t want things falling off of them.
- Mirrors: Mirrors not only make a space feel bigger, but they come in so many shapes, sizes, and designs that they definitely have an impact on your style.
- Peel and Stick Wallpaper: Traditional wallpaper is probably not an option for your apartment due to its permanent nature. But, peel and stick (removable) wallpaper and decals just might be! You’ll love how easy it goes up – and comes down!
- Plants: Bringing nature in is always a great idea! And the easiest way to do that is with plants. You can display them on your walls in many creative ways. OurHousePlants.com has a few suggestions if you’re not quite sure what you want to do.
- Tapestry or Textured Wall Hanging: If you’re not feeling the love for painting or peel and stick wallpaper, how about a tapestry or textured wall hanging? Tapestries and wall hangings really lend themselves to the boho style – so you’re in luck if this is what you like!
- Mount Your Television: Looking to create some more space and put something on your walls? Then mount your television. It’s a win-win for gaining space and changing up your walls.
- Display a Collection: Do you collect anything? Is it stored away in a closet or some boxes? Then how about finding a creative way to display it – so you can see it and others can, too?
No matter what your style, there’s something for everyone on this list when it comes to wall decor! So, take a look around and decide which wall you’re changing – and get after it!