Thai Food You Can Make at Home
Takeout is great, but what’s your favorite type of cuisine to cook at home? Are you a master of Italian cuisine? Do you love Greek food? Or do you love preparing Asian cuisine?
If you love Asian cuisine, you’re probably a big fan of Thai food. With its fresh ingredients and varying levels of spiciness, there are Thai dishes for just about everyone. If you’ve never made Thai food at home, here are some great recipes to get you started. And even if you’re a Thai food master chef, you might find a new recipe to add to your repertoire.
- Chopped Thai Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing: Starting your meal with a salad full of fresh ingredients is fantastic, and this Chopped Thai Salad is perfect! You’ll love the addition of cashews in the salad, and the dressing is amazing! Definitely take the time to make it.
- Rainbow Thai Salad with Mango: Mangoes are plentiful in Thailand, and they show up in lots of dishes – including this salad. It’s similar to the salad above, but adds mangoes for sweetness and is served with a peanut dressing.
- Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup: Curries are popular around the world, with different cultures putting their own spin on them. This Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup has lots of fresh ingredients, tons of noodles, and a delicious flavor that will have you going back for a second bowl.
- Thai Spring Rolls: These spring rolls are packed with ground pork, vegetables, and fried until golden brown – and they’re fabulous. Dip them in sweet chili sauce or soy sauce, and you can’t go wrong!
- Thai Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce: If you don’t want to fry your spring rolls and would love a vegetarian version, then try these. They have lots of vegetables and tofu and are served with a peanut dipping sauce. Let the kids try making these!
- Coconut Rice: Rice is a common side dish with Thai meals, and this one is easy to make at home. Cooking the rice in coconut milk infuses flavor and makes the rice slightly sticky.
- Pad Prik King: This vegetarian dish has tofu and lots of green beans, plus all of the Thai spices you know and love. Even if you think you’re not a fan of tofu, you should give this recipe a try.
- Pad Thai: Pad Thai is considered Thailand’s national dish and is a staple on Thai restaurant menus. Noodles, vegetables, chicken, or shrimp (or both!), along with a delicious sauce, make this a dish you must make at home.
- Pad Gra Prow: The sauce on this Thai Basil Beef is so good that you may want to make some extra to put on – well, just about everything. This is an excellent dish for people who don’t love a lot of spice – although you can always add some of your favorite spicy chiles if spice is your thing.
- Spicy Thai Noodles: Noodles are a comfort food in lots of cuisines – including Thai! These noodles are both spicy and sweet and don’t require a bunch of ingredients, which may be hard to find. And while this is designed as a vegetarian dish, you can easily add your favorite protein!
- Thai Iced Tea: Do you always order a glass of Thai Iced Tea at your favorite Thai restaurant? It’s delicious – and not hard to make. Follow this recipe, and you can make a batch at home!
Are you ready to get cooking? Try making these Thai recipes at home! You’ll find that they’re easy to make, full of fresh ingredients, and bound to be instant hits!