Super Bowl Party Ideas/Tips
The Eagles are making it to The Big Game this year to spar off with the Patriots. Whether you’re a football fan or not, the Super Bowl is something you shouldn’t miss. (Even if you just watch it for the commercials, or the halftime show.) No matter what side you are on, hosting a Super Bowl party is tons of fun! Here are some game-day tips to make your Superbowl party one for the books.
- Open Seating: For your game day party crowd, set up plenty of seating, all with an excellent view of the big screen. You want to do your best to keep everyone together in the same room. A party doesn’t flow if there are pockets of people scattered around.
To make the room even more spacious, move everything that you can out, and bring in more chairs. If there is anything that is valuable to you, move it. When the touchdowns start, highfives will fly, and sometimes things can get a little out of hand. Move your vases and expensive rugs to another storage area until the game is over. By moving these things out of the way, you can relax knowing that all of your valuables are safe.
- Team Color Garland: Toss in some team spirit by decorating with team color garland. You can make some yourself with ribbons or streamers, or you can buy them at the store. Hang these garland strings up around windows, tables, or anywhere that needs some extra color. A little bit of festive color can turn your living room into the stadium.
- It’s All About the Food: The Super Bowl party wouldn’t be the same without tons of delicious food to eat. Have simple finger foods ready to go so people can graze the entire night. This isn’t the time for an elaborate sit down meal. You want to have quick bites of things you can hold so your guests can keep talking and watching the game. You’ll see people come back and forth to keep filling up their plate in between plays.
Simple is better. Go for tried and true classics that are little fuss. Serve things like meatballs, chips and dip, slider sandwiches, and fruit and veggie trays. You can always ask your guests to help out by bringing one of the dishes. You don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen all night. You want to be out watching the game and being with your friends. Choose simple this time around, and enjoy the night.
- Disposable Everything: Cleaning is the last thing you want to do after a big party. Make life easy on yourself, and get disposable plates, cups, and utensils. Plus, it also prevents any accidents with broken plates or glassware. The ref could make a bad call causing everyone to go in an uproar, and then a glass gets bumped and smashes to the ground. Stop that scenario in its tracks by only using disposable cups.
- Game Day Drink: BYOB will never get old, but you can also offer up a new twist to make the party extra fun. Create a drink that is the same color of your favorite team. You can spike it, or leave it virgin; either way, it turns a regular party into something a little more special.
Start inviting your friends and family now for your Super Bowl party. The game will be on Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 6:30pm. You also have Justin Timerberlake to look forward to as the halftime show. Plan your party now, and root your team on!